I could just use some ready made of course or even just complete those I have with 2 more states...
I could indeed.
But I didn't.
Then designed the motives I wanted on my tokens. The template with checkers on the rim were done with AutoCAD because I'm a civil engineer and it was the easiest way for me to do that but that's just me.
You can notice I kept things realtively close to the original Shadow Wars tokens to make things easy for other players.
The column on the right was a test and the one on the left was the real deal, weathered a bit to avoid having white dots flashing on the table.
With everything in hand, I just had to
- prime one side of the bases in black (5 minutes tops)
- Cut all the tokens (30ish minutes while listening to music)
- Glue all the tokens on the bases ( 15 minutes tops)
- paint the edges in black (I used foam to blend the paper and the base together, give a slightly weathered appearance and save time)
- Spray a coat of antishine mat spray
All in all, it was a very quick process and I'm now very happy to have my own tokens and know my models will be a little safer !