Sunday 29 May 2016

French Oldhammer event model - Mornegueule Brisedent


Something a bit different from last time today with a model that is very dear to me. Yes of course it's a chaos dwarf and anything chaotic will usually have a place in my heart but this one is a bit more than that. The french Oldhammer scene (it's actually becoming a thing) has gathered in Metz last WE as it had in Lyon in 2015 and for that occasion Bruno from Vialudibunda and Nico have joined to produce this model and give it to all attendants on the day.
Being unable to get to this event despite the many people I wanted to see again and play with, I managed to get a model anyway so it was only natural for me to get it painted as soon as possible. 


Take a look at the original in its naked lead glory ! The french community has actually granted him a name so his "official" (if any such thing has value) is "Mornegueule Brisedent". The name sounds like Morngul which is cool and Brisedent (meaning something like teethbreaker) is in the style of the traditional old names. Oh and it's also probably unpronounceable for people other than french and that has to come as a bonus... ;)


Now here are a few thoughts about why I painted the model the way I did. First of all, I fully intend to grow a force from this first model so I needed a paintscheme easy enough to be replicated from time to time when I had the will and time.
The dwarf being of a chaotic kind, I sort of had to choose a patron for him. Well just like I recently was very intrigued by the gods of Law and more anciently by Malal, I wanted to explore a bit of a new area (from the old stuff if that makes any sense) so I went with Zuvassin.
Choosing one of the renegade chaos gods which are the essence of the self destructing side of chaos had sort of an ironic taste to it given how the community (like all online) has a tendency towards drama and ego trips. That said the very same community has proven to be full of wonderful people who will support each other, share, give and make the group greater than the sum of its parts really. AND, it's managed to come up with at least 3 free event models  plus a whole lot of commercial endeavors that breathe fresh (old) air on our painting range.

So, Zuvassin it is then. Zuvassin is the god of failure and I have to say I like this a LOT. I can relate to his power and the irony of it. I'll probably develop more why this god is a favourite of mine in future posts (and with more models) but painting wise, Zuvassin also offers me a great opportunity : I'm actually painting his device right when I'm painting it wrong ! (Zuvassin being a god of faliure, you always have to alter his symbol to show you failed at doing it properly).


So here we are. I've decided to give a yellow piece of armour just for fun and to make his armour mismatched (quite fitting I suppose) and because it has a sort of oldschool resonnance for me. I've also decided to give a blue hue to my black on the leather parts to balance the warm colours of the armour.


I thought it'd only be natural to show Mornegueule Brisedent face to face with Abdul Eisenstein my Dwarf adventurer !


While I'm at it, I thought I could as well give you a picture of the 3 Oldhammer event models so far since they're all painted, (probably the first and only set so far). This picture below is the very proof community work is the best so I sincerely hops things will stay the same and I'll sure add my own energy to make it so.


Many many thanks for all the people making things happen and massive thanks to Bruno and Nico for this one, now I think you should all go and check what goodness Bruno has in his vault if shiny cool lead is something you fancy and check the Vialudibunda site HERE. I actually have some of his stuff  actually in the queue but can't tell much more for now ! ^^'


17 comments:

  1. Very cool little bugger and the fluff you choose for him, though I didn't even know he existed till now :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. I just love the rebel gods of chaos, they're just like the usual ones but with self destructing crazyness on top.

      Delete
  2. A french oldhammer event?! I hope there will be pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed that one !
      Hopefully we'll get to meet and play !

      Delete
  3. Merci beaucoup de l'avoir peinte si vite cette figurine!! Zuvassin est un très bon choix, une très belle bande en perspective :)
    A+ Nico!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Je savais que ca te plairait ! Je pense qu'il y a de bonnes opportunités avec ce Dieu !

      Delete
  4. Woow! Absolutely sensational!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers amigo, this is one of those models you don't ask yourslef too much questions with and can just go painting and enjoying yourself really !

      Delete
  5. I suppose as a god of failure you get rewarded for losing missions and punished for succeeding?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You surely get a reward for making the others fail, th econcept is so twisted I suppose you can bend it all you want to fit your vision, that's th ebeauty of it !

      Delete
  6. That model is really nice, satisfyingly classic looking but with its own restrained character.

    Your painted Oldhammer exclusive figures make me squirm slightly. I will paint mine some day, honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I like to laugh at completists, I have to be fully honest and admit having them painted did press a few buttons in me. This stays between us 2.

      Delete
  7. Now that's a great tribute to the old school style. Love your scheme and the god you've chosen as his patron too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to getting my Pantheon of chaos pledge to give this lad a few more friends now !
      Zuvassin will be a perfect god for such a poor player as myself ! ^^

      Delete
  8. I never tire of reading behind-the-scenes thoughts of why a mini is painted the way it is. Good read AND need I say great painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, at least one person is reading it ! LIke for the champions of Law, this band will be based on a rapid and simple scheme so no fancy stuff bu efficiency first here.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...